|Resistivity* (Ohm mm2/m)||0.0239||0.0253|
|Electrical Conductivity* (% IACS)||72||68|
|Tensile Strength* (N/mm2)||250||530|
|Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (1/°C)||0.00290||0.00290|
* Data depend on coating conditions, degree of cold working and thermal treatments during manufacturing process
- Coating: Bare, Silver, Nickel, Tin, Gold
- Temper: Tempered or hard
- Single end conductors
- Stranded conductors
- Bunched conductors
- Concentric lay conductors
- Single end size ≥ 0.025 mm (AWG 50)
- Other diameters or special constructions are available
** Depending on material combination & construction
High electrical conductivity
Due to the alloy portion in LEONI Histral® H69 being very low, there is just a slight decrease in resistance if compared with pure copper. Thus, the material preserves its high electrical conductivity while also featuring a great mechanical strength. Therefore, the material lends itself perfectly to strands where the very low diameter or cross-section must not lead to inadequate tensile strength.
Good mechanical strength
LEONI Histral® H69 is counted among the so-called "low-alloyed copper products“, the copper portion of which is 99.7 % of copper, with no more than the remaining 0.3 % covered by alloy additives (mainly tin in this case). Having been hard-drawn, its mechanical properties even improve, without the very good electrical qualities being impaired. This phenomenon allows for a significant reduction of cross-sections. Consequentially, Histral® H69 lends itself well to applications in which reduced weight plays a primary role. A prime example for this are signal cables, but also shielding braids, both of which require an above-average mechanical strength in order for the actual conductor to be sufficiently protected.
Flex Life properties
Alloys are usually employed in hard condition. LEONI Histral® H69 boasts excellent Flexlife properties, which ensure highest stability in any environment that is exposed to a lot of vibration and motion.
The crimp qualities of LEONI Histral® H69 correspond to those of pure copper in hard condition. However, the tools applied have to be adapted to the lower cross-sections.
The outstanding properties of LEONI Histral® H69 translate into much lower cross-sections supporting the same breaking load if compared to pure copper. For a breaking load of 70 N a pure copper strand must have a cross-section of 0.35 mm2, whereas the comparable value for a strand made out of Histral® H69 is 70 N at a cross-section of only 0.132 mm2, by means of which a weight reduction by 62 % can be achieved!
- Using weight as a reference value, a copper strand requires 0.0445 (g/m) per each 1 N of breaking load, with Histral® H69 attaining the same breaking load at a weight of just 0.0168 (g/m).
Pure copper in hard condition is susceptible to re-crystallization even at room temperature, at which it already begins to soften again resulting in a loss of mechanical strength. Adding on small quantities of alloys will suffice to vastly increase the point of re-crystallization of hard-drawn materials so that the greater strength is maintained in the event of higher ambient temperature, too. LEONI Histral® H69 has a much better thermal stability than pure copper. Hence, it is also suited for those applications that are subjected to elevated temperatures.
LEONI Histral® H69 has a slightly higher resistance than pure copper, while still boasting a conductivity of 72 % IACS (in soft condition).
LEONI Histral® H69 is frequently employed for ABS sensor cables in vehicles.
Data cables / Signal cables
Its small alloy portion reduces the resistance value of LEONI Histral® H69 no more than a little, as compared with pure copper. Thus, the very good electrical conductivity of the material remains unaffected whilst its excellent mechanical strength persists. This makes it a perfect fit for data cables and signal cables featuring very low diameters and cross-sections, but also a sufficient tensile strength.
LEONI Histral® H69 features a resistivity lending itself well to shielding braids because high coverage can be achieved at a comparatively low weight.
Automation technology / Industrial applications
LEONI Histral® H69 boasts excellent Flexlife properties, which ensure highest stability in any environment that is exposed to a lot of vibration and motion.
The connection cables of loudspeaker membranes are exposed to extremely strong vibrations. LEONI Histral® H69 lends itself well to this application owing to its great mechanical strength in combination with a very good conductivity, in particular as a substitute for cadmium-containing alloys used in the past.