|Resistivity* (Ohm mm2/m)||0.0663||0.0718|
|Electrical Conductivity* (% IACS)||26||24|
|Tensile Strength* (N/mm2)||360||800|
|Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (1/°C)||0.00170||0.00170|
* Data depend on coating conditions, degree of cold working and thermal treatments during manufacturing process
Signals are usually transmitted at fairly low amperage. The resistance level of LEONI Histral® H26 does therefore not lead to losses that might hamper the application.
High mechanical strength
LEONI Histral® H26 is an extraordinarily strong copper alloy that clearly outperforms the mechanical properties of pure copper.
High Flex Life
LEONI Histral® H26 gives excellent performance levels in situations where vibration or constant flexing are present.
The high mechanical strength of LEONI Histral® H26 allows for its individual wires to be drawn down to much smaller diameters than copper, which results in a substantial weight reduction.
The crimp qualities of LEONI Histral® H26 correspond to those of pure copper in hard condition. However, the tools applied have to be adapted to the lower cross-sections.
LEONI Histral® H26 is particularly suitable for signal cables in robotics facing very high mechanical demands.
Brass wires can be found in a most diverse range of applications:
- spark erosion wire (conductive materials are vaporized by applying sparks allowing for the conductor to be cut in this state)
- brushes made from brass wire (high mechanical strength and malleability, particularly suited for processing soft metals such as gold, brass or copper)
- decoration (e.g. the color of LEONI Histral® H26 looks very much like gold)
- grids and sieves made from brass wire